Peter Stockwell;503846 Wrote:
> Disn't go all the way through the list, but I gues i've been lucky, I
> haven't had any problems running SBS on a mac.

It's not all bad; rarely does anyone write a post entitled "FYI: I've
never had an issue and love [insert product name]".

iTunes worked for me for quite some time.  I've posted about how iTunes
+ TwistedFlac = FLAC on the Mac along with WAVs on your iPod without
keeping multiple copies or using extra drive space, as well as getting
the most out of iTune with Max and xACT.

But as my library grows and I use my Mac for listening less and less,
and Apple doesn't seem to show any interest in accepting the Audiophile
standard of FLAC, it has become all to cumbersome to continue using
iTunes.

In the mean time iTunes has become a self promoting Apple product the
likes of which have never been seen before.  Little devotion has been
paid to improving your music nor features that benefit the actual
listening of music.  Instead Apple devleopment has added new Apple
iTunes Music Store features, iPod games, applications, and ringtones,
the ability to watch movies and TV programs, a dynamic visualizer (Great
if listening thru a optical and mental haze of bong smoke), and sound
checking to alter your music in ways never intended.

iTunes is the standard for PC and Mac, I have no doubt.  But what I'd
like to see is listed in easier posts; a simple music player and
organizer for the Mac.  There are some good alternatives noted above.
Songbird, VLC, Play, and others will let me listen and, to a small
degree, organize the content I want without having to convert.

But most of all, look at Apple's webpage devoted to iTunes.  Beginning
1/2 way down the page you will find their self-serving promo:  Buy, Buy,
Buy.  Nearly half of the features in iTunes are devoted to buying music,
renting and purchasing videos, the App Store, and building your own
library of purchased audiobooks.

--
kphinney

-I like it, you may not.  I understand and respect that.-