results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73698
Question: Is third party plugins/applets important for your Squeezebox
purchases ?

- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless support for third
  party development is prioritized
- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless the third party
  plugins I rely on is supported
- I use third party plugins but I would still consider buying more
  Squeezebox products without them
- I don't use third party plugins so they aren't important to my
  Squeezebox purchases

Integration with my Home automation has always been critical to me and
was the main reason for buying the SBs. I have always liked the
open-source approach and it is one of the key USPs for SB, IMHO.
Originally I did the integration using the CLI but now I use the xAP
plugin. I also value the ability to access the code for some limited
customizations, eg IR from the controller. Without these sorts of
abilities, SB will start to lose my interest. That would be very sad
after 6 years of constant use. I hope we can see some official comment
from Logitech and appropriate action.

--
rectorydp

1xSB, 1xSB2, 1xSB3, 2xDuet, 1xBoom, 1xRadio
iPeng (on Touch), SB Server 7.4.2 on WHS