results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73698
Question: Is third party plugins/applets important for your Squeezebox
purchases ?

- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless support for third
  party development is prioritized
- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless the third party
  plugins I rely on is supported
- I use third party plugins but I would still consider buying more
  Squeezebox products without them
- I don't use third party plugins so they aren't important to my
  Squeezebox purchases

mherger;504112 Wrote:

> It's rather a matter of fact that we (the Logitech developers) lack the
> time and resources to better support 3rd parties (by providing
> documentation or stabilizing APIs etc. - see that other thread).

Well, not changing APIs so that existing plugins work in the future as
well would be a start, wouldn't it?

It's more than "no time", it's also "no priority".

And THAT is a decision, the decision about how to prioritize things.
"No time" then follows suite.

The priorities are something like (I'm guessing and doing examples, I
don't know about the real priorities)
1 Get Touch done
2 Fix Radio's Alarm
3 Get services intensive bugs out
4 do some other strategically important things (after all, the
ressources that got moved off the project must have been moved off for a
reason)
5 maintain 3rd-party functionality

Given the fact that indeed some pretty important - even for new and
not-so-experienced customers - features of the Squeezebox are provided
by 3rd parties this is a decision that very much has a short-term
focus.
As long as it only stays for the short term (e.g. until 1+2 are done)
that may be fine, if it continues after that, I'd expect it to
eventually impact sales of existing products.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com