tamanaco;504739 Wrote:
> Hi Frank, I just tested 2.05 beta 1 and the Various Artist (Belly Dance)
> Album that we talked about is still not listed as it should. The issue
> with the sorting of the Artist Names starting ¡ or ¿ is resolved, but
> the ¡ or ¿ characters are omitted in the Artist name in the Catalog. Not
> a big deal... I can live without the ¡ or ¿ printed in the Catalog.
>
> Thanks again...

Hi Tamanaco,

For the ¡ or ¿ to appear in the artist name but exclude from sorting I
need to add a column to the temporary ACC table. This however is quiet
some work and may impact performance so this requires some more
investigation.

The Belly Dance various artist issue is indeed due to the fact that ACC
determines for itself if an album is correctly defined by SBS as various
artist or not. However if you disable the option 'TPE2 tag is
AlbumArtist instead of band' ACC does not perform this tasks so it
should solve the issue.

You're welcome...
Regards,

Frank

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://acc.vanholt.nl)- for
SqueezeCenter '_' (http://www.badkamerpech.nl) SlimServer.
2xSB3, 1xDuet, 1xRadio, 1xiPhone iPeng, Ubuntu NAS + SBS