i didn't feel personally attacked, i didn't mean that, i just meant in
an academic sense i was defending what i knew.  i always appreciate
being corrected with better info, and i appreciate what you've said.

i'd be happy to update that wiki page with the root link, but what i
can't do in a truly informed way is provide context.

and i think one point has been lost here, which is that via bug
tracker, there is no way to tell which "fixed" bugs are fixed for both
branches, or just "embedded."  that was the basis of my original
comments in this thread.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbr (parent's home) - sbs 7.5b - win xp pro sp3
ie8 - p4(ht) 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link dir-655 -
35k mp3