keithleng Wrote:

> ... very flakey. It is largely written by enthusiastic amateurs, and it
> shows.

Your choice of assessing the software as "very flakey" and linking that
assessment with "enthusiastic amateurs" leaves little room for
interpretive ambiguity.  Given that "amateur" means essentially either
"hobbyist" or "unskilled", you have essentially stated either that
hobbyists produce very flakey software, or you have called the Slim
team unskilled coders.

I'd suggest that certain words have emotional color, and that the
emotional response invoked differs depending on context.  In the
context of this thread, and within your own statement, the color was a
non-flattering one.

--
MrC