Phil Leigh;548665 Wrote:
> Whoah - rebuffering on a WIRED connection? - packet collision?... or
> something else on the network eating the bandwidth?
>
> What version of SBS are you running?

Or bad cabling job.

In my former office, well, okay, so that was 12 years ago... the phone
guy did the wiring..  It wasn't even Cat3: he twisted the pairs wrong.
Instead of TX+/TX- and RX+/RX-, making balanced pairs, his wiring was
TX- and RX-, TX+ and RX+  ... instead of a balanced pair that is
designed to reduce interference, he actually created interference.  It
-mostly- worked until there was enough utilization to make the packet
loss/retransmit noticable and the network would die a nasty death.

--
snarlydwarf