Tradewind25;552457 Wrote:
> OK guys,
>
> I've downloaded foobar2000.  Not obvious to me how I should get it to
> generate the Album Gain / Track Gain values.  Do I need one of the many
> extra components that seem to be available??

No, setup music library, then select all songs into the playlist
window. Right click, select replaygain menu item, then probably "scan
selection as albums (by tags)"  Again, make sure you have your album
tags done correctly. I had a few issues with compilations, but I just
went back and did those separately after the fact.

You might want to add the component "facets" to make it easier to
navigate around foobar. I'm told that winamp will also add replaygain
tags. It might be more user friendly in terms of initial interface. I
love foobar2000, but it is not intuitive to the new user.

--
garym