jean2;577634 Wrote:
> I'm using exclusively FLAC file and I'm therefore using the FLAC
> standard to tag my classical music, i.e. ARTIST for Beethoven and
> PERFORMER for Karajan. How difficult would it be to modify your screen
> to support that ?

PERFORMER and OPUS isn't supported by standard SBS as far as I know, I
think you need the Custom Scan plugin to scan those.

With Custom Scan you can configure these to be available as a title
format.
If you also install the "Custom Clock Helper" plugin you can configure
it to forward "customclock/titleformatsupdated" events to the
Controller.

To use these events you will need to subscribe on them, I'm not sure if
that's possible in the Now Playing screen but if you like to give it a
try you can take a look at the "Custom Clock" applet code, you will
find a section that looks like this that sets up the subscription:

Code:
--------------------

  player:subscribe(
  '/slim/customclock/titleformatsupdated',
  function(chunk)
  if not chunk.data[1] or chunk.data[1] ~= "customclock" or not chunk.data[2]
or chunk.data[2] ~= "titleformatsupdated" then
  return
  end
  local player = appletManager:callService("getCurrentPlayer")
  if player then
  self:_updateCustomTitleFormatInfo(player)
  end
  end,
  player:getId(),
  {'customclock','titleformatsupdated'}
  )

--------------------

In the same way, you can look in the _updateCustomTitleFormatInfo
function of the Custom Clock applet code if you like to see how to use
the 'customclock titleformats' command to get the values of the
configured title formats, for example those provided by Custom Scan
plugin.

The Custom Clock applet code can be found here:
http://erlandplugins.googlecode.com/svn/CustomClock/trunk/src/

Of course, if you just want a user defined Now Playing screen, you can
also design own without any programming at all using Custom Clock and
Custom Clock Helper. See the wiki for more information:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Custom_Clock_applet

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))