pippin;582277 Wrote:
> Not sure but I believe No.
> Also I have fixed the volume at 100% on the Touch using a plugin (can't
> remember which) since this feature is not there on Squeezeserver for the
> Touch.
>
> I am not using any plugin to control the amp. I use the original remote
> for the amp to control the volume.

Hm, then I don't fully understand why you need volume up/down buttons.
I mean, after all the volume is fixed, the only reason I'm aware of for
still wanting volume changes is that you have a plugin that interprets
them to control an amp while the SB's volume stays fixed.
There are three of these I'm aware of (and that work with iPeng), two
for Denon amps that directly control the volume (so you keep the
slider) and then there's IRBlaster which captures up/down changes and
sends them to the amplifier.
iPeng will NOT manipulate the volume value for a SB that is set to
fixed volume because this would confuse the group volume control and
there is little sense in it anyway. Yet I am NOT sure whether this also
applies to the Touch if the fixed volume is being set by a plugin, I
don't know how that mechanism works.

OK, let me clarify.

Today I am have my Touch volume fixed to 100% and I control the amp with
the amp remote.

What I would like to be abel to do is fix the digital out volume of the
Touch to 100% and have the IR emitter connected to the Touch blast the
volume up or volume down signals for the amp volume when the volume is
changed on the iPeng iPad.

I though this was what the IRBlaster plugin did, no?

ASenna04

--
ASenna04