erland;582571 Wrote:
> Some stuff is cached in memory on the server side, for example the list
> of albums.

At least when I checked the SqueezePlay code I didn't find any
menu-caching in there.
I also regularly get reports that SqueezePad is faster than the
Controller which wouldn't be the case if the Controller did any caching
of the menus.

> What do you get most questions in e-mails about?
The 'biggest' issue SqueezePad is this one (getting about one or two
mails about it in a week)
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=576983
Though in the meantime it only happens with a Classic on MySB.com, and
only once in the lifetime of SqueezePad as far as I know.

But I'm sure this is not what you were talking about.

If you were thinking of automatic server detection: this doesn't seem
to be a very big problem. Some people struggle with it on their first
time setup but it's rare.

You might be a special case as you have more than one server, where the
current solution indeed is not the most convenient one.
(along with BetaTesters who need to reenter the data if they deleted
SqueezePad before).

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com) *!
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.