bluegaspode;582578 Wrote:

> The 'biggest' issue SqueezePad is this one (getting about one or two
> mails about it in a week)

You get NO mails of people asking how to configure it? I can't believe
that.

> If you were thinking of automatic server detection: this doesn't seem
> to be a very big problem. Some people struggle with it on their first
> time setup but it's rare.
>
> You might be a special case as you have more than one server, where the
> current solution indeed is not the most convenient one.
> (along with BetaTesters who need to reenter the data if they deleted
> SqueezePad before).
I'm in a special situation in that my test server moves between
environments and changes IP addresses on the way.

>>50% of MY service requests are of the "I don't know how to find the
server" kind (iPeng HAS server detection), 75% of which are of the
"Ooops, I forgot to enable WiFi" kind.
But there's a significant number of people who don't have the slightest
idea what an IP address is, helping those out with any kind of config is
usually quite hard, especially as soon as they also don't know about the
web interface.
Maybe you still have the more geeky kind of customers but I can assure
you that a lot of SB users just install the software on their PC and
that's it with knowing how it works.

But I admit getting the server thing right is very hard, there's even a
pretty long list of things I want to improve here in iPeng - after two
years.

--
pippin

---