i think from since i got my first SB ~04 or so, and started posting
here, i have been saying the same thing:

the current paradigm is doomed.

1. audio only?  niche.  big mistake.

2. the only way logitech makes money is by selling players, players
which cost too much compared to other products, and are too geeky and
complex, and reliant on their customers to setup and maintain.  it
ain't TIVO.

3. they also miss opportunities...  i love my SBC, but who would pay
for one when they can get ipeng?  why didn't slim at least port SP to
iOS?  why cede that market to pippin or anyone else?

4. moreoever, a lot of their costs go into the backend, which they give
away for free.  that would be fine, except for this: why have they not
marketed a server piece of hardware, or a combo server / player?  and
don't give me the touch...  its a day late, feature short, buggy,
underpowered, and a dollar too much.

i would have been SHOCKED if any of this slim stuff had ANY connection
to google TV, the revue, or anything else.  logitech has very poor
convergence between its own products beyond branding.

anyway...

i don't see any vision at logitech long term, so i think all this stuff
is doomed to die.  that MIGHT change, and this stuff could be saved, but
ONLY if the vision changes.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbrec & ipeng (parent's home) - sbs 7.5.2b - win
xp pro sp3 ie8 - p4(ht) 3.2ghz, 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link
dir-655 - 45k+ mp3