> What I dont understand is why half of all the local FM channels display
> Artist, Song Title, Favorite name correctly; while the rest of the FM
> channels do not

Are there any differences/similarities between channels that work and
those that don't such as service provider (e.g. streamtheworld,
liquidcompass, iheart) or format (e.g. WMA, AAC, MP3) ?

Logs will help as it will indicate what metadata is being received.

I'm a bit confused about where you see the differences - since you only
have software players - does this issue show up between two software
players - if so which ones ?

--
bpa