Hi Pippin. Just run speedtest.net app from iphone, results below.

Connection Type: Cellular
Server: Milton Keynes
Download: 2.25 Mbps
Upload: 1.56 Mbps
Ping: 221 ms

Connection Type: WiFi
Server: Milton Keynes
Download: 10.50 Mbps
Upload: 0.86 Mbps
Ping: 103 ms

...is that ping speed too slow? I was just using
iPeng on 3g at home pointing to dyndns.org
and listen again bbc iplayer kept cutting out (i'd
started playback directly from my wifi Boom),
switched to wifi restarted ipeng selected local server and playback
now ok. Significant?

Anyone reading this got this working successfully
on a DD-WRT router? My server is a Vortexbox
(therefore RedHat Linux) 2.2Ghz 2g ram gig ethernet
raid0 pair of 5400 spinpoints
therefore unlikely to be the cause, i think

--
moley6knipe

dBpoweramp Reference 13.5 > VortexBox 1.7 > SqueezeCenter 7.5.2 > iPeng