JJZolx;615039 Wrote:
> That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. It tells the customer he
> needs all that gear just to get a radio to play a single note. It's
> like putting big orange safety warning stickers on a kids' toy and
> expecting anyone to buy it.
>
> I think someone at Logitech has figured out that the Squeezebox thin
> client approach just isn't a mass market product. It may be profitable
> now that they've pulled most of the development and QA staff off of the
> project, but I don't think Logitech is likely to ramp up marketing or
> development again.
>
> A revamped Touch that can run the server with much better performance
> and stability may make sense.  Even though the Touch is relatively new,
> it was in beta testing for a long time and the hardware design and
> prototyping undoubtedly took a while before that.  The design is now
> years old, so it's conceivable that they could produce a much more
> powerful machine for the same price today. To me, that's the only new
> Squeezebox product that would make any sense at all.

So when I see a Touch or a Radio at Best Buy and it doesn't do a thing
but turn-on how do I know what it does? DUH? The issue is that most
people ALREADY have the other stuff.

Which hand do you use?

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless