OP here:

I cannot thank you all enough for your help in understanding the
Squeezebox solution(s) to my audio streaming desires.  I just received
my new SB Touch today and have been extremely impressed with the audio
quality and the ease of setup thus far, but (there's always a "but",
yes?) for one knotty (to me) problem.  I hate to cross-post, but I
don't know if you helpful folks do much browsing in the Server forum so
maybe you could look at this(?):

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=88416

Thanks most sincerely again for helping me with my decision and for any
assistance on my next (nth) network conundrum.

--
RockinFX