erland;644392 Wrote:
> If someone who don't understand them is in charge, that could easily
> happen if they plan to sell the Revue for $99.
>
> Revue $99:
> - Support for video
> - Support for music (local and online)
> - Support for pictures
> - Support for viewing and recording TV
>
> Squeezebox Touch $299:
> - Support for music (local and online)
>
> I could easily see someone within Logitech management think, "hmm, why
> do we need this expensive music box which when we have the Revue which
> is cheaper and can do so much more..."
>
> Of course, when you know the products it's a different situation, but I
> doubt there are many (if even anyone) within Logitech management who
> really understands what the Squeezebox products is all about.
>
> However, if they drop the Harmony remotes, which is mentioned as
> something they have had problems selling in the linked article in the
> initial post, I would be very sad, because that really is an excellent
> product. I wonder if I should get an Harmony One while it still
> exists...
>
> Hopefully they will just drop the Revue and invest those resources on
> Squeezebox and Harmony improvements instead :-)

Interesting.... an equivalent price drop for the existing SB Touch
would not be out of line. Btw, I think the review for $99 is a better
deal than buying a Harmony One. Correct me if I'm wrong... because I've
not read the specs of the Revue in a while. But... if I remember
correctly, the Harmony Remote engine is already in the review along
with IR blasters. All you need is the Harmony discrete codes for your
model Squeezebox and AV system to control everything with single
remote.

--
tamanaco