tamanaco;644553 Wrote:
> Understood... but the Revue can act as a Universal IR Remote. Run your
> mouse over the IR blasters ports of the Revue here:
> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/smartTV/revue -
>
> - Edit: To be honest I'm at a bar with my laptop... so I might not be
> thinking straight... but I remember changing my mind about buying a
> Harmony remote at one point because of the Revue. Can't remember
> exactly why now... maybe it was a Harmony RF remote and I needed an IR
> blaster to relay IR signals.

Harmony One -> Hard buttons combined with small touch screen
Revue -> Touch screen and barely any hard buttons

That makes them a gigantic difference to me.

If one planned to get the Harmony 1000, it would maybe be smart to wait
for the lower priced Revue. If you planned to get the Harmony 900
because you need RF, the situation is also a bit different because
currently the 900 feels pretty expensive and even more so if you can
get a Revue with Wifi remote for $99

Maybe the Revue price drop could affect Harmony prices, but I don't
think so. When you read why they are dropping the Revue price you
realize it's because it's a new market and they want to establish the
product, this isn't they case for the Harmony remotes, they are already
in an established market and they have both fairly cheap and more
expensive models.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))