JJZolx;647828 Wrote:

> These times were from the initial scans launched by starting up the
> server with an empty cache folder and (in the case of MySQL) an empty
> database. Both scans probably benefited from system caching, since I
> ran them soon after generating the library itself. I ran the MySQL scan
> first, so the SQLite scan, if anything, would have benefited more from
> caching.

Would it be easy for you to run the one of the tests also with 7.5.6 ?
Reason being that it would be a bit interesting to know how 7.5.6 with
MySQL compares with 7.6.1 with SQLite.

If it's easy to repeat the tests, it would also be interesting to see
how much difference the "Database Memory Config" parameter in SBS
Settings/Advanced/Performance makes.

I think I'll try to run the 50k and 100k test libraries I published
earlier in my setup to see if I get similar result as you do.

Finally, are your tests on Windows, Linux or OSX ? I'm guessing it's
Windows ?

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))