erland;648454 Wrote:

> Maybe it could be the CPU ?
> My virtual machine only have access to one of the CPU cores and I'm
> guessing you have a multi core CPU which probably is an advantage with
> MySQL both since it runs in a separate process and also because it's
> probably more optimized for usage with a multi core CPU than SQLite.

It's not the CPU at least not with the "High" MySQL configuration
provided with SBS. I just tried it on the Core2Duo laptop (still on
Linux and 7.6.1 r33004 with MySQL 5.0.21) and I'm seeing the same thing
as in the single core virtual environment, MySQL is is a lot slower than
SQLite.

It's only using one of the cores, both with SQLite and MySQL, so number
of cores doesn't seem to have any effect, at least not as long as you
don't use the system for other things while scanning.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))