MusicManiac;654505 Wrote:
> Nicely done s7mx1. Works quite well.
>
> What kind of cpu usage are you seeing with the file types you're
> streaming?
>
> Edit: It doesn't seem to enjoy my flac files very much (stock speeds)

@MusicManiac

1) Check your wifi ap/router. In the worst case it will need about 180
KB/s bandwidth. Make sure the latency between your squeezeserver and
touchpad is low otherwise it will take a lot time to buffer.
2) Flac decoding is not CPU intensive which is in the design spec. If
you could playback ogg files then its safe to assume the same CPU is
powerful enough to decode FLAC files. If you want you can try BFQ I/O
scheduler (you need to install govnah and uber kernel from preware).
3) Check the CPU usage with top inside touchpad. You should be
expecting more than 30% id (idle) in average when squeezeslave is
running.

For your reference I installed uber kernel with max frequency set to
1.5G Hz and have turned the cpu frequency governor to preformance
(therefore can have a more consistent performance) the CPU usage of
squeezeslave measures around 7% when playing back mp3. Therefore I
don't think CPU is the bottleneck here when running at 1.2G HZ.

--
s7mx1