I have rebuilt the squeezeslave binary based on 1.1-253 with latest
WebOS SDK. Here are  changes made so far

1) optimised CFLAGS for touch pad (cortex a8)
-O3 -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize
-mfloat-abi=softfp  -ffast-math -fsingle-precision-constant
2) A portaudio patch as a workaround for WebOS SDK (fixed in later
version of gcc compiler and portaudio)
3) updated libasound 1.0.24.1 that matches the version used on webos
3.0.2

The binary, patch, alsa library shared object (taken from working
touchpad) and alsa library include files and of course the modified
make file can be downloaded from

http://xbox-remote.googlecode.com/files/squeezeslave-1.1-253-tp.tgz

The optware-squeezeslave inside etc/event.d of that tar ball should be
placed on /etc/event.d/ folder on your touch pad. As mentioned in the

Currently I am having major wifi network issues (wifi drops) at my home
so could not test properly.

I noticed there are quite a few times squeezeslave stopped working and
I have the following entry in the log:

Code:

  Expression 'paTimedOut' failed in 'src/os/unix/pa_unix_util.c', line: 387

Not quite sure its because of wifi drop or something else.

--
s7mx1