s7mx1;654856 Wrote:
> @MusicManiac
>
> 1) Check your wifi ap/router. In the worst case it will need about 180
> KB/s bandwidth. Make sure the latency between your squeezeserver and
> touchpad is low otherwise it will take a lot time to buffer.
> 2) Flac decoding is not CPU intensive which is in the design spec. If
> you could playback ogg files then its safe to assume the same CPU is
> powerful enough to decode FLAC files. If you want you can try BFQ I/O
> scheduler (you need to install govnah and uber kernel from preware).
> 3) Check the CPU usage with top inside touchpad. You should be
> expecting more than 30% id (idle) in average when squeezeslave is
> running.
>
> For your reference I installed uber kernel with max frequency set to
> 1.5G Hz and have turned the cpu frequency governor to preformance
> (therefore can have a more consistent performance) the CPU usage of
> squeezeslave measures around 7% when playing back mp3. Therefore I
> don't think CPU is the bottleneck here when running at 1.2G HZ.

Well I've spent more time than my quick evaluation before and it is
working good.

I think the stutters I was experiencing probably have more to do with
cpu usage being taken away from squeezeslave due to multitasking(or
hitting a bad webpage) than it topping out. Bandwidth shouldn't be an
issue. (unless its the pad itself... or the download throttling applies
to streams? don't believe it does...)

Checking top and it is inline with what you said it should be.
Occasionally it (and pulseaudio) spikes, but nothing unexpected. Stock
kernel still.

I will need to play with the latency or delay options as switching
tracks produces trash every know and then.(have you needed to tweak
it?)

Anyway good work, thanks again for the port.

--
MusicManiac