rkotemp;668110 Wrote:

> Just like the use of the IRBlaster plugin and a classic squeezebox.
> When using squeezepad volume controls IR commands are send as results.
>
> SqueezePad is the controler, not the server.

But IRBlaster only works, because a server-side plugin is involved.
So what you need to achieve is, that RedEye talks to your Squeezebox
server: "Dear Squeezebox Server, please change the volume of player
X"). There is a documented API that everyone can issue such commands.

Integrating RedEye with SqueezePad wouldn't make much sense, as the
communication would have to be: "Dear SqueezePad (if you are running at
all), please tell the Squeezebox Server that it should change the volume
of player X". That's one unneeded hop.
And on iOS there isn't even a way proper, that RedEye could even 'talk'
to SqueezePad. On iOS one App can only start another App.

--
bluegaspode

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)