SqueezeBox is and likely will remain a niche product.  Ask your friends
how they listen to their digital music over their hi-fi, their own
library or a subscription service.
The answers will be (in no particular order):

-  I don't, just use iPod (or mp3 player, smart phone, Zune) with ear
buds
-  iPod dock (standalone or connected to hi-fi)
-  AVR with networking & services
-  third party box (PS3, Xbox, Roku, Boxee, PopCornHour, WD, Netgear,
etc..)
-  TV (or some other DLNA device)
-  Sat radio
-  AirTunes
-  computer (by itself or connected to AVR)
-  etc...

We all know the negatives of the above vs using a SB player, but those
are the likely answers from 80% of the users out there.  The only SB
users I am aware of are those who have seen my SB players in use and
only after I thoroughly demo & explain what SB is do they buy.  Even
then it is very few who do actually buy.  In my entire social circles
including family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, I've only ever run
across a total of two Sonos users out there..... and I know a lot of
people.

Dedicated NMP's like SB & Sonos are indeed very niche markets.  ;)
Not to say there isn't money to be made in these narrow markets, but
the numbers are small compared to the lesser devices out there.

--
toby10