Pascal, Mnyb, gian,
ALL excellent points.

Pascal Hibon;674253 Wrote:
> ..... I believe that many people are missing the fact that every
> streaming system needs a server. But people only complain about that
> when looking at Squeezebox.....

Very true.  Even the devices with built in internet radio and/or
services use a server.  Like the networking AVR's which typically use
Reciva or vTuner in the background.  If no local server and vTuner is
down then my AVR cannot stream anything from the internet.

The difference is that most people either don't know there is a server
at work or they don't need to care about it because these servers are
very reliable and very simplistic in features and usage.  This is where
LMS and MySB struggle because they are far more complex, far more
customizable, offer many more services and features, updated often (to
both add features and fix issues), etc...  Which in turn seems to make
them far less reliable for the average user.

That said, I've had very few issues with either LMS or MySB, but
obviously not everyone can say that.  :(

--
toby10