I would like to add that, because it is fitted with a quality DAC, and
you can even add an external one, while somewhat inexpensive, the SB
leaves the door open to a high-end upgrade.

This cannot be an argument for those that are happy to listen to their
plain iPods, which are the vast majority.

About running a server at home, it can have many scopes: I use it to
backup my laptop, store pictures, music, security camera images, stream
video to the TV or other networked PCs, FTP, web, and SB server.

--
gian

town: Musical Fidelity Dr. Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox
Classic (2), Squeezebox Radio, Ubuntu 10.4 LTS server
country: Musical Fildelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Squeezebox
Classic (2), SB Touch, Ubuntu 10.4 LTS server