garym wrote:
> and I'm still not 100% convinced that the problem doesn't lie in the
> DHCP/static IP address setup. Seems the transporter is seeing the
> internet, seeing the router, etc. Although it is possible there is some
> hardware problem, it sure sounds like an IP address issue. I recall that
> your router has a 192.168.120.1 address. This seems odd as well, as I've
> never seen a router that wasn't 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.  The "120"
> in yours leads me to believe that there may be something
> special/different about your network setup.  Anyhow, worth exploring in
> more detail....
>
> edit. for example, can you simply take the transporter to a friends
> house that has a simple network and plug it in to their router with an
> ethernet cable, and see if you can connect????

My network is working well with the 192.168.120.0/24 address space,
I have just modified the router from its default configuration which is
10.0.0.1,

The transporter is working well using wireless with this address space
and able to get a  DHCP ip address,
Both my SB DUET and SB Classic are getting ip address on this network
with their Ethernet ports,

So how come the transporter cant?

I have also took a brand new DLINK router and set it to default
(10.0.0.0/24 addresses) and plug the Transporter directly to it and
nothing,
With my laptop I could get a DHCP address,

Next thing I am going to try is a cross cable between the transporter
and my laptop , I wonder if that will work…..

Thanks,