I find it interesting is that I bought my first Squeezebox (SB3) several
years ago in response to a very positive review in Linux Format. I never
had any significant problems setting it up - at that time on an Ubuntu
box, or in maintaining the system, now running from LMS7.7.2 on a NAS
box and which has two SBRs attached. Conversely, while reading the Sonos
and Philips Streamium web pages, I find it really difficult to identify
what components of those systems I would need to buy, and which
operating systems are supported.

If Logitech pulled the plug, I'd buy a few Squeezeboxes for future use.
I think the system, particularly as added to by iPad apps, is
excellent.

My own view is that I'd be interested in seeing future Squeezebox
products with different grades of hardware (to suit different users'
audiophile habits), but probably losing the touch screen in favour of
the sort of screen used on the SB3. I'm not about to leap over to the
HiFi to search for the next track or album on a touch screen.

Robert