aubuti wrote:
> As Erland noted, you can have smart playlists today by using his SQL
> Playlist, Dynamic Playlist and License Manager plugins.  Or MusicIP may
> be an option for you, with or without the Spicefly Sugarcube plugin.
> Erland's plugins use a rules-based approach, where you explicitly write
> the rules.  In MusicIP and Sugarcube the rules are a bit more of a black
> box, like the way Pandora generates playlists.
>
> MusicIP can be a challenge to set up, and its developer did pull the
> plug some time ago. But it still works quite well.

MusicIP works just fine.  Sugarcube is a nice plugin.  I haven't used
any of Erland's plugins other than Trackstat and Licence Manager but I'm
sure they are all good.  My view is the ecosystem is excellent for me.
It would be perfectly fine without the extras but the plugins make it
wonderful and probably keep the size of the user base up.

"If The Sun Refused to Shine, I would still be loving you"... in other
words if Logitech dropped it the server and hardware will continue to do
the job and there is no rush for me to change.  I have been a
Slimdevices customer for a long time and I have no reason to wish to
change.

As for video I am happy to use different hardware for that.  I don't
want a TV on while using music.