Just bite the bullet and purchased SqueezePad. Nice app!

One question though. In "Music Folder" view, where I navigate to a
specific folder in my music collection, is there a way to simulate a
'play' button at a specific folder level like I can do with the
Squeezebox? I can find specific songs and play it, but I can't seem to
find a way to play a folder or folder with subfolders.

Here's a sample directory structure

Musics
...Baby
......Album1
......Album2
...English
......Album1
...Chinese

What I do with my regular SB is, I'll navigate to the Baby folder, turn
on shuffle to enable shuffle by song, and press 'play'. It will shuffle
and play back all music under the current folder.

Did I miss something obvious? In album view, I can press the album art
to play the album, or press the album name to go into the folder, but
not in folder view.

If such feature is not available, I'd like to request to have it added.
Being able to play all files under a specific folder is essential to the
SB experience. How about add an item to the top of the folder list
called "All Tracks" (similar to how Sonos do it when you navigate
folders).

Thanks!