Here's my purchase history:

Nov 2006 - SB3
Dec 2009 - Boom
Aug 2010 - SB3 and Boom
Oct 2010 - Boom
Aug 2011 - Boom

All of these are still working perfectly and I am obviously hoping they
do so for some years to come.

Of the SB3s one is Logitech branded and black, the other SlimDevices
branded and sliver.  The earlier purchase was from an on-line retailer
and the later one from eBay so I suspect the earlier purchase was a new
one with Logitech branding and the later purchase for a used one with
the SlimDevices branding.

Looking back over that I remember buying the first SB3 on recommendation
from someone at work because I had bought a new house and the PC was no
longer close to the HiFi.  The first boom was when our daughter first
had her own bedroom and I wanted to be able to play our music collection
in her bedroom.  2010 was buying another new house, setting up a home
office with some bookshelf speakers and one SB3 and the other Boom in
our bedroom and after that it was just putting them in rooms that did
not have one so we can now listen is any room of the house except the
bathroom.