My music collection is mainly classical and, some years ago when I first
started with Squeezebox, I made up my own tagging system (which turns
out to be a variant on "Beginners Guide to Classical" on the Squeezebox
Wiki).

I don't currently use Erland's plugin but the following system works for
me

When a CD contains a number of major pieces I tag the individual pieces
as separate "Albums". Where a CD is a collection of smaller pieces I tag
the CD as one "Album" (e.g. Barbara Bonney's CD of Scandinavian songs
"Diamonds in the Snow")

Album:  Composer - Work - Main Performer, e.g.  -Shostakovich - Symphony
No 15 - Haitink, RCO (2011)-
Artist: Performers, e.g. -Haitink;Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra-
Title: Short to help Controller display, e.g. -I. Allegretto-
Genre: Orchestral, Chamber, Instrumental, Choral, Opera, Piano, String
Quartet, etc

I also tag the Composer tag (with the composer) thinking that I might
use Erland's plugin at some time in the future.

Browsing albums - displays albums in composer/work order
Searching the "Album" tag for a composer lists pieces in alphabetical
order
Same when searching "Album" tag (or "Artist" tag) for a performer