DC227 wrote:
> Does anybody know if Logitech said something about further updating the
> Touch? I'm currently on the latest firmware. Just curious if somebody
> knows something.
>
> And, as it should be easily answered I will not make an extra thread for
> this:
>
> Is there a way to disconnect from wifi? I don't need it disabled
> completely but my network is always marked as activated. I just want to
> disconnect.
>
> Thanks guys!

Sorry for being late if you don't want to install certain tweaks of
questionable value .

You can turn off wifi if your familiar with SSH and have turned on
remote access in the Touch .
Some familiarity with the vi editor , but just google how to use it and
keep commands handy .
Note factory resets can wipe this ,be prepared to redo after such
things.

For example edit this file:

vi /etc/init.d/rcS

In that file comment out the wlan start by putting a # before the line.

# Start wlan
# /etc/init.d/wlan start

Another way

edit or rather sabotace wlan startup script itself:

vi /etc/init.d/wlan

insert after the first line:
(go down with cursor) use ":i"

exit;

To save in vi :wq!

John Swenson suggested creating an an rc5.local file like this in
another tread

To do this, ssh into the touch then do:

cd /etc/init.d
vi rc5.local
(press the 'i' key and then type
iwconfig wlan0 txpower off
/etc/init.d/wlan stop

(press the escape key, type
:wq (thats colon key, w key, q key)

This creates the rc5.local file which will be run every time the touch
boots, the iwconfig line turns off the transmitter.

You can always turn of the wlan by simply typing "iwconfig wlan0 txpower
off" at the prompt when using SSH but it does not stick after next
reboot