hvb83 wrote:
> Loving the new layout, though I do find some bugs. Please take this as
> constructive help and not to criticize your hard work, but I've found
> that users often don't report bugs and just hope that someone else
> will...

Seriously: I _love_ bug reports. How else should you know what's going
on. Nothing worse than people saying "full of bugs" on the App Store and
never reporting anything.
My favorite right now is "crashes all the time". There are exactly THREE
crash reports under iOS 6 in Apple's crash report tool, ZERO for all
previous iOS version (unfortunately the three ones are very
inconclusive.... it crashes in iOS' own even handling, not iPeng, I
believe I know what's going on but have no idea where it's coming from,
hopefully the net update already fixes it). From the crash reports I'm
seeing this is by _far_ the most stable iPeng version ever.

> - the hud for volume will sometimes not disappear after the volume has
> been adjusted.

Interesting. I've never seen that. Can you somehow reproduce it? Ah,
wait... Does this happen when iPeng also accidentally skips?

> - increasing the volume with the volume bar at the bottom of the screen
> works intermittently, eg. you can't increase it in one subtle sweap, but
> have to swipe several times in order to increase the volume by more than
> 10-15%.
> - increasing the volume with the volume bar at the bottom of the screen
> will often result in skipping to a next or previous track.

OK, I believe all of these might be the same cause.... I did already
submit a fix for this more than a week ago to the App Store, however, I
obviously did run into the embargo days around their announcement today.
Let's hope they release it some time this week.

> - I've noticed on several occasions that selecting a new album directly
> from the album list will have the second track on that album play,
> instead of the 1st as it should (I've tried this with an old iPhone with
> 1.4.2 and this behaviour could not be reproduced)

How do you play it? By tapping a track or by tapping the cover? If it's
the cover, it's not iPeng's fault, then iPeng just sends a "play album"
command, the rest is done by the server.
If it's by tapping a track, I'll have to investigate, I can imagine this
could happen....

> - battery consumption on my 4 is much higher than it was on the old
> versions, using the same iOS as before and the same iPeng settings.

Hehe... I hear that with _every_ version from somebody. I assume you are
talking about battery consumption with the App running? Battery
consumption depends a lot on how much you browse and scroll and on how
much server communication you've got (which depends on how stable the
connection is and how often it breaks down).
There is no change whatsoever in iPeng's communication behavior between
1.6 and 2.0, I don't think there is any change in power consumption
caused by this redesign.

There is one thing that _did_ change, albeit half a year ago, and that
is the behavior if you can't reach a server that is still in your server
list (because it has WOL set to on or it is manually configured). iPeng
now tries to reconnect to that one more frequently and this can indeed
cause more power consumption. I had to do this since the old behavior
caused issues in some situations where players would not be found at
all.
And, as always, have an eye on "preserve connection", although that
should actually have gotten _better_ in 2.0 since it no longer stays
active if you lose the server connection.