JohnSwenson wrote:
> So I tried the debug and it said this:
>
> [02:15:21.189444] output_init:1340 unable to set output sched fifo:
> Operation not permitted
>
> This distro that comes with the board runs everything as root, so I
> don't think its a user/permission issue. Could this be something not
> compiled in the kernel? Or is it something I can set somewhere? I'm not
> nearly up enough on the internals of the kernels to know details about
> this.

Looks like the kernel does not support:
http://www.farmhack.net/forums/beaglebone-vs-real-time-scheduling

Try with the -a 200:8 or some other suitably large numbers.  This should
help if the output thread can't get fifo priority.

We need to find a better kernel for this as we definately want to run
with a kernel which can prememt and ideally the linux rt patches (as
touch).  Could you try one of the other distros which runs on the
beagleboard for the moment and see if this helps?