Triode wrote:
> The EHCI implementations which are host only ports on arm SoCs seem to
> work ok - Touch, Cubox work for me; they all suffer with a restricted
> TT, so need an external hub, but they do seem to be ok for async dacs
> from what I can tell.

Yes, Cubox and Touch work fine for me with all 4 of the asynch UAC2
devices I tried. (I only have 2 now. I have a 'WaveIO'
(http://luckit.biz/new/?tcp_product=waveio) which is based on the XMOS
and capable of putting out I2S at up to 192k and an 'Amanero Combo384'
(http://amanero.com/), I2S and DSD out, up to 384k. I use these with a
variety of DAC's, mostly NOS, with any upsampling done on the server
side.)

Remind me about the need for an external hub. This is for Class 1
devices, where the controller doesn't deal with split transactions and
the hub is needed between the host controller and the device?

Triode wrote:
> Let's see what JackOfAll's test show.  [I was looking to get a
> Beaglebone in the UK too and didn't find one, but as JackOfAll has
> higher speed DACs than me its worth him testing.]

I'm more than happy to forward it onto you as soon as I receive it. I
don't wish to be pessimistic but I doubt that any ammount of
tinkering........ (I suspect the issues will be present at lower sample
rates, not just 192k / 384k, from what John was saying about a top
refresh causing an audible "artifact".) And you are the USB expert! I
can only imagine the ammount of time you put into EDO, backporting code
and putting in fixes for devices that don't follow the spec. ;)