plympton wrote:
> I just waded into this pond of a thread, then took a look at the
> Wandboard forum page and found this.  Useful?
>
> http://www.wandboard.org/images/files/wandboard-expansion-pinheaders.png
>
> Can I ask for a summary while I'm here:
> Gen1 - equivalent to a Squeezebox Receiver
> Gen1+ - something more like a Classic or Touch? (even of the screen
> output is over HDMI)
>
> Also, does Squeezelite support full Classic emulation (IE: Pandora,
> etc)?  I believe it does, as I was experimenting with a R-PI a few
> months ago, but checking...

Unfortunetly that is the pinout of the expansion connectors on the
carrier board, not of the EDM connector the processor module plugs into.

On the "Gens", I'm thinking that yes Gen1 is basically a receiver, no
buttons, screen etc. It will have a web server for configuration
purposes and controling can be done with existing controlers on other
devices. I may actually put a HDMI interface on it. The primary purpose
of this is to get it out to developers and a few users to work out what
needs to be there and getting it as close as possible to a plug and play
solution.

Gen2 was the  "release" version with  a box all ready to go to a larger
audience. Because the wandboard core already has all the compute
resources we need there may not be any differences in Gen1 and Gen2.
Then again Gen2 may include things like an IR receiver/transmitter etc.
We need to work out as a group exactly what it is going to be.

Because the "core"  already exists it is much easier to try different
configurations of peripherals on a small quantity basis and see what
works and people really want before putting together the Gen2 boards.

After this if there is interest in things like a "boom" we can work on
that as well, or maybe an LCD touch  screen etc.

John S.