JackOfAll wrote:
> So the usual scenario, where basically you have two oscillators, one for
> 44k1 and multiples and another for 48k and multiples. So from the audio
> driver code, we just need to switch which is used to clock the outbound
> I2S via a register, depending on the sample rate we are going to output?

Yes, two oscilator frequencies, one for 44.8 family the other for 48
family. There will be clock mux to select them, the output of the mux
will go to the DAC chip, reclocking flops for the data, and into the
processor to clock the data out of the internal FIFO.

The ALSA driver needs to somehow tell the clock mux which frequency to
choose, and also has to tell the I2S (and S/PDIF) circuits what the
divider is from that clock frequency to sample rate. So 44.1 and 48 will
have the same divider, but different mux select. The divider is set via
a register inside the processor, but the mux select has to come out on a
physical pin (and go across the  EDM connector)

I haven't looked carefully at the ALSA driver to see exactly how it does
this, but these are the generic concepts. The ALSA driver may already be
using a specific pin for the mux function, in which case I need to find
out  what  it  is so I can make sure it is on the EDM and hook  it up on
the board.

John S.