Triode wrote:
> There do appear to be cheaper imx6 boards appearing - this may be
> interesting http://wandboard.org/
>
> Sabre lite also available here for £130 + tax - may be viable to test?

This wandboard sounds REALLY interesting. That core module looks like it
could be the guts of our project as is, IF they have the clock inputs
for the I2S and S/PDIF going over that EDM connector then I could do
everything I want to do on the "carrier board". That would certainly
make the design way simpler.

With the guts the same we could come up with more than one carrier board
if there are things that want to be done that make sense for different
hardware. Like a board with power amps for a "boom". Or a board with LCD
display. Having a constant core module makes upgrading easier as well.

AND it comes in single or dual core versions, when doing a HDMI display
that dual core might come in handy.

The one issue here is I need to find out exactly what pins are on that
connector. Unfortunately I cannot find any documentation on that.
Anybody else have any luck finding a spec?

It looks like they are going to start shipping from distributors in a
week or two, I'm going to go ahead and buy one of these and check  it
out.

Thanks for finding this, it could be a game changer for this project.

John S.