Pascal Hibon wrote:
> I think that most users here are using an external DAC with their
> Squeezeboxes any way.

If you by "here" mean people in the audiophile section of the forum I'm
sure you are right, but if you by "here" mean this community I'm 99%
sure you are wrong, independent if you like it or not a lot of people
connect their Squeezeboxes using the analogue outputs and don't even own
an external DAC except for the one built into their amplifier in the
main listening room. If the built-in DAC has lower quality than the one
built into the typical low/middle-end standalone amplifier/receiver, I
can agree that it's pointless, but if it's better than the DAC's built
into most middle-end amplifiers/receivers it's definitely worth to have
one in the box. Also, as I've understood it from John, people who don't
like the DAC can just get an add-on board optimized for digital outputs
instead of the one with built-in DAC's.