michaelvv wrote:
> JohnSwenson , which DAC chip are you thinking to use
> on the SWAMP10 board  ???
>
> Anyhow a great project , ordered a WandBoard Dual today...
>
> /Best Michael

It's the TI PCM5142. Its a new chip with a lot of things going for it
that make me think it will be really good. I have not actually  tried
one yet, they are too new for that. The SWAMP05 has this chip on it, but
the SWAMP05 is not  the all out hi end sound board, it's designed as a
software devel board, so I can't tell for sure how good it sounds.

So I also designed a simple, yet all out board to test the 5142, this
has ultra super low jitter, galvanic isolation from the receiver, ultra
low noise  regulators, low noise ground plane scheme etc.  That went out
to the board fab 2 days ago, so it will be a couple weeks before I have
that up and running. This will tell us how it really sounds.

I have built DACs with many many  DACs so I have developed a fairly
good feel for how something will sound based on reading the spec sheet.
When I read the spec sheet on this one the bells started going  off. I
have a very good feeling about it. But in a couple weeks we will know
for sure.

John S.