I have installed Squeezeplayer on two different android devices, a
rooted nexus one on Cyanogenmod ver6 and a Vizio google TV device
running the latest software. My goal is to run them as squeezebox
instances. In both cases the install of squeezeplayer succeeded, and I
was able to connect to mysqueezebox.com with my password.

On both devices, Squeezeplayer reaches mysqueezebox.com and
authenticates, I am able to turn the Playback button to "on", it reports
wifi is connected, but Playback remains at "stopped" and neither device
is registered as a player.  I can't see them when I open a controller
app, either Orange squeeze or the native logitech app, nor when I log
into mysqueezebox.com.  If I kill squeezeplayer and allow Orange to try
to start it up, the hourglass waiting icon just spins and nothing
appears to happen.  In both controller apps I am able to see and control
my logitech devices, a squeezebox radio and a touch.

Thanks for any help and for the really interesting addition to the
squeezebox world.  (I don't mind donating to the project even if these
devices are ruled out by technical limitation.)