I bought a small powered speaker with the intention of listening to LMS
on my balcony. I already had Orange Squeeze and SqueezePlayer on my
Android phone and plugged the speaker into the phone earphone jack. When
I tried to play music from my local server both Orange Squeeze and LMS
hung. After rebooting my phone and my server I tried the same thing this
time using mysqueezebox.com and it worked as expected. Switched back to
"My Music" and everything hung again.

The thing is that I know this once worked as I have listened to local
music via earphones on my phone. Something I did in the past few months
has broken it. I tried reverting from LMS 7.8.1 to 7.8.0 with no change.
I also turned off the "Local Player" plugin on LMS because I'd only
recently started using it; this also made no difference. Any other ideas
why this would be happening? Thanks.