Jeff_G wrote:
> I think I may go for the Transporter. It looks the business and I like
> the idea of the large display.
>
> Buying it from the US, I guess a travel plug US to UK will be needed. I
> don't need to worry about the 240V I guess?
>
> If I need to use the unit itself, the one without the knob, it's a touch
> knob?

Most of the time you're likely to use the web interface or the LMS
application, or the remote, so i wouldn't sweat the knob.

The power supplies either require an adapter for the plug but they can
be driven with 110 and 220 (make sure to check). some later power
supplies had interexchangable tips, but if the previous owner is like me
they'll have a hard tome locating the ones that came with the original
box, and only have the one they used :-P

It is a very nice piece of gear, it looks and feels good and, more
importantly, sounds great.

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine running Ubuntu 12.04 + LMS 7.7.3 on VMware
Player
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- Creek Destiny Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->-
KEF LS50
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> MusicalFidelity
M1PWR -> Totem DreamCatcher