JackOfAll wrote:
> Why's that? Atom at the end of, rather than beginning of the stream?

I think that's part of the problem but I really don't know the streaming
algorithm used by LMS/Squeezebox in detail to say for sure.

CommanderROR wrote:
> Ok. I do get AAC just fine for radio channels like Kwax...
> So, where exactly is the problem with Wimp streams?

I don't know the details of the streaming code but the following thread
contains the debug information:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?100240-Unable-to-stream-a-url-any-ideas
After discussing with Michael I understood that Logitech also struggled
with this and decided that AAC wasn't suitable for streaming and they
also had specific problems with the WiMP format as I understood it.

We are happy to switch to support AAC if someone who understands the
LMS/Squeezebox streaming code can make it work with the AAC streams
provided by WiMP, but we don't have the time and resources to
investigate this in more detail right now ourselves. The situation could
of course be different in the future. The WiMP AAC streams works with
VLC and similar software, so at least parts of the problems are related
to LMS and Squeezebox streaming code.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.