ctbarker32 wrote:

> So, my question for 2015 - Is the Universe of LMS and Squeezebox
> expanding, contracting, or staying about the same?

Probably no one can answer that question since there are no figures
available. But since Logitech killed the Squeezebox product line it is
safe to assume that it will be slowly shrinking. True there are lots of
great forum projects out there but how long will they be able to keep up
with the ever changing world of streaming?
For me personally that is not a big issue because I mainly stream my
local music. I even dropped my Spotify subscription because I didn't use
it much. I still have enough players around to keep me going for a long
time. So I won't be jumping ship anytime soon (and I would certainly
miss the great Squeezebox features no other product has).

In regards to USB, that is possible with a Touch but also with the 3rd
party hardware players. So that should not be a show stopper.

ctbarker32 wrote:

> I am also discouraged that pretty much all of the proprietary music
> server systems seem to use DLNA type technology that we all know doesn't
> hold a candle to the performance and features of LMS.
>
> -CB

Stay as far as possible from dlna. In a nutshell, it sucks big time for
audio streaming. The streaming expert companies (Sonos, Squeezebox,
Simple Audio and others) stay away from it for a good reason.

'M-DAC' (http://www.audiolab.co.uk/M-DAC%20Series.aspx?lang=En) ->
'Cambridge Audio Azur 840E'
(http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/azur-840e-pre-amplifier) ->
'Focal MP1200' (http://www.mp1200.co.nf/) -> 'Focal Electra 1028 Be'
(http://www.focal.com/en/electra-1000-be-2/209-electra-1028-be-3544053695099.html)
1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 2 x SB Touch - all wireless
1 x Wandboard Dual behind the bedroom ceiling
1 x Wandboard Dual for 'msqueeze' (http://www.msqueeze.co.nf/index.html)
project
1 x Wandboard Quad (will eventually become my LMS server)
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.8.1. - 1402661598
iPeng 7 on iPhone.
SqueezePad & iPeng 7 on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon