JohnSwenson wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm hear to announce that this project is not dead!
>
> One of the members here, Greg Stewart has agreed to head up this
> project. Greg has enlisted a talented man to develop the custom driver
> needed to interface the iMX6 processor to my DAC hardware. It is
> actually playing music at this point.
>
> While working on the driver specs I realized that the interface into the
> iMX6 I had been planning on was not going to work. Some frantic manual
> reading later I found a different interface which will work for what we
> want. Unfortunately this was not directly available on the EDM
> connector. Almost all of the chip pins can be muxed to multiple logical
> signals so I was able to find pins that could be muxed to something that
> WAS on the EDM connector.
>
> Of course this meant that the original test board would not work, so I
> had to design a new test board. I gave the board design to Greg and he
> built several, the driver has been developed to work with this and is
> now playing music.
>
> This also means that the CSP1 board has to be modified for the new
> interface. Fortunately all the hard stuff such as giga-bit Ethernet, USB
> etc stay the same, it is just the I2S out that is changing.
>
> The driver is designed to work with Triode's SoA project, it is
> currently already working with SoA.
>
> The scope of the project is essentially the same. We will be offering it
> as a DIY "group buy" rather than a full out of the box product. You will
> need to buy a wandboard, this board and the case. The only assembly tool
> required is a screwdriver. The assembly consists of unscrewing the
> module from the wandboard, screwing it into the CSP1 board, sliding the
> board into the case and screwing in the back panel.
>
> All the details of the board are the same as discussed in this thread
> already.
>
> After some hiatus this project is going full steam again. I wish the
> thank Greg for taking over the "project management" for this and keeping
> things going.
>
> John S.

Acting on legal advice, I am required to state, that I have absolutely
no involvement with this hardware/project.

skip_pack wrote:
> I have followed since the inception of Community Squeeze......

Acting on legal advice, I am required to state, that the "entity"
Community Squeeze, which was an informal partnership between myself,
Adrian and John, was ended!
(Although liability still remains.)

And for the sake of clarity, (because I received several emails about
this yesterday), it is purely a timing coincidence that after not
posting for 3 months, John made his announcement yesterday. AFAIK, there
isn't anything to be read into this, or the timing of the announcement.