See this post "Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:
Response from SiriusXM" within this message string on the XMFan.com
board:

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=124785&start=75&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The poster said they sent a message to the executive board which
resulted in a follow-up conversation.  This line piqued my interest:

"I asked if SiriusXM would be willing to provide their API to someone
who was wiling to endeavor to create an open source plugin for the
Logitech devices. They were open to this. If anyone knows of an effort
like this or would like to start one, let me know and I can provide
info. "